Feb. 8, 2017
We are hiring for a Production Specialist!
One of our fabulous employees has made a lateral transfer to work in our warehouse and we need to fill his position. If you'd like to make the best cat food, help us keep thousands of kitties healthy and join our unique rad culture, read on!
We are seeking another enthusiastic, positive, self-motivated, and detail oriented person to join our production team.
This is a food manufacturing position, on the production floor, making the best cat food on the market! This position requires close attention to detail and carries a high degree of responsibility. As you would be working with raw meats, it is also not for the squeamish.
This position is physically demanding! You must have the ability to work extremely quickly as we produce a high volume of product in a mostly manual environment. An experienced person who thrives on a quick pace with determined attention to detail is a requirement for this position!
We are looking for a person who works well independently within a team of people.
Applicants must be willing to stand for long periods, be able to lift 50-60 pounds easily, and be willing to work quickly within the team to get the job done. Some of our work is done in our minus 10 degree walk-in freezer. Responsibilities for this position can be very tedious and repetitive, but attention to detail is imperative.
We are hiring an individual who will work in all aspects of our food production processes. This job will require cross-training with other positions.
In this position you will handle raw meat and organs, so this job is not for the squeamish. Our process includes no cooking whatsoever, so all meats are raw. It is hard physical work, can be cold and wet, and sometimes we work long days. This critical job position includes the following duties:
- Processing raw meats (rinsing by hand, using a large grinder and mixer)
- Daily clean-up, regular plant maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintaining logs and records and adhering to HACCP, GMP, and SSOP procedures.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Attention to detail and a positive attitude are a must, as we are generally a happy bunch! This is required.
- Ability to work at a fast pace with focus on the task at hand. This is also required.
- Attention to detail
- Be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Work in sub-zero freezers
- Must be able to work well independently and within a team of people
- Must be able to stand for long periods and be able to lift 50-60 pounds easily and repetitively
- Have strong verbal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude
- Meat or food processing or food prep experience.
- Forklift/electric pallet jack experience a plus
- HACCP, GMP, SSOP experience also a plus.
Our website is www.RadFood.com. Please do not call. We are located inner SE Portland, right on the MAX line, just off of 17th and Powell.
This is a full-time position, 35-40 hours per week depending on production schedule. Our starting pay is $17/hr. plus medical, dental, PTO, holidays and Simple IRA with match. Please respond only to this Craigslist ad. ****IMPORTANT****It is important that you send a resume AND cover letter if you wish to be considered for an interview (please not the boilerplate variety – tell us about yourself!). In your letter, let us know why you feel you would be a good addition to our team and how your experience applies. No phone calls, please. No agencies, please.
Please send resume and cover letter in body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or attach as Word documents or pdfs– we cannot read other formats.